Tuesday, July 31, 2007

ASDR Challenge # 5 - Journaling

Journaling Reads:

The Things My Mother Passed Down to Me

My Mother always told me to believe in myself. She always believed in the things that I did,
and was always there to support me in any decisions that I made.
My Mother always said that if I was old enough to ask questions, that I was old
enough to know the truth. She told me to always be honest and never lie to myself
or to anyone else. My Mother would always have an open ear, and I
was always able to go to her with whatever problem I may have had.

I try and live out the things that my Mother has instilled in me each day of my life.
I have taught the same things to my children as well, so that they hold
the same values in life that I was brought up to believe in.

Now that I am a Mother I see the purpose of all the values that my Mother was
teaching me as I was growing up.

The reason I choose to remember this part of my life is that family values are a very
important part of my life. Values that I want my children to carry on
down to their children someday.

My Mother is no longer living, but her values for a family
will live on through me, and through my children.
Even through the ordeal of dying, my Mother remained a strong woman
who knew what she wanted for her and her family.
She was prepared for what was to come and she was preparing
her family as well, so that the pain of her death wouldn't
have to be faced alone.

Thank you Mom for all you have taught our family.

Credits:
Scrapkit: Chelly Oneill
Template: Misty Cato
Photos: Chris Young

No comments: